If you have read the title of this blog post, and not smirked at the infamous Chandelier Scene from Only Fools and Horses – then you need to watch the video below, immediately!
Thankfully, at Richardson Moving & Storage – we have developed an excellent strategy for moving chandeliers of all shapes and sizes. Combining highly trained staff, with innovative moving materials – we carry out fully insured moves of chandeliers pretty often, especially in older, larger properties we have worked in.
We always recommend that a qualified electrician is used to disconnect the chandelier, and then our moving teams can help. Although each chandelier is different – here is an insight into the process we have developed for packing a chandelier.
- Tape up & Secure wires & cables with tape, elastic bands & ties.
- Removal of lightbulbs
- Separate wrapping & storage for light bulbs
- Strong Cardboard Box Chosen
- Polystyrene Packaging in bottom of box
- Careful placement of chandelier in box
- Box filled with polystyrene packaging
- Box sealed
- Box labelled fragile
- Loaded carefully onto removals vehicle
- Transport to new location
- Careful Unpacking
As well as moving Chandeliers, at Richardson Moving & Storage – we are the experts in transporting high value antiques and fragile goods. As always, if you have any questions about your move, or moving specific goods – please get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.